Go New Forest fully supports the National Quality Assessment Scheme, managed and run by VisitEngland and the AA. GNF also runs its own local Quality Assessment Scheme which has been nationally Accredited by VisitEngland. GNF recommends that all businesses adopt either the national or local scheme as they provide a valued, independent view and assessment of your business. This independent view can bring a real insight and excellent advice to assist you with running and developing your business. All businesses who participate in one of the above schemes are denoted by the logo and, where appropriate national grading.
However, it is recognised that for some businesses there may not be the business based justification for using these schemes and in these circumstances GNF will allow such businesses into membership, advertise/promote and engage with them on related GNF activities. Businesses that wish to use this ‘non assessed’ approach can apply to GNF providing they are willing to comply with and sign the attached Charter.
It must be noted the GNF reserves the right to refuse or withdraw membership if the accommodation is felt to be unsuitable or if more than one complaint is made about it and upheld after investigation. Its decision is final with no further communication being entered into.
To participate in all or any of the activities all businesses agree to the 9 point charter below.
- Working with Go New Forest – to work positively and proactively with the team and representatives and ensure the positive promotion of the New Forest to our visitors.
- Welcome – to provide a warm, professional, courteous and friendly welcome to all our visitors.
- Customer Satisfaction – to have a complaints policy that can be implemented speedily and effectively; to ensure that any issues that may arise are resolved by prompt professional and polite action.
- Quality and Standards – to ensure you maintain good standards of appropriate facilities, services and cleanliness.
- Accuracy – to ensure all information provided for visitors is up to date, accurate, provided at the right time and by appropriate methods.
- Information – to ensure all information is readily available to visitors, especially with regard to pricing (including extras).
- Legal Requirements – to fulfil all legal obligations and responsibilities (fire risk assessment, food safety/hygiene/allergens, licensing, health and safety, no discrimination (eg by gender, race or religion), trades description, data protection, and maintain adequate insurance cover.
- Cancellations – to have in place a cancellation policy that is readily available and visible to visitors.
- Sustainability – to manage your business in a way that is environmentally friendly and actively supports local businesses where possible (local produce/suppliers).