- Ensure that “putting the forest first” is the basis all our marketing programmes and activities
- We will raise the profile of tourism as an attractive career option and will support businesses across all sectors of our visitor economy to improve skills and training
- Raise the profile of the New Forest with targeted national and international promotion
- Provide leadership to enable businesses and partners to work together to deliver great visitor experiences
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of Go New Forest through a diverse funding strategy
- Increase tourism spend in the New Forest.
- Improve the quality of New Forest tourism products and overall offer
- Spread the benefits of tourism mid-week and throughout the year.
- Support and assist businesses to grow and create new jobs.
Outcomes by 2020:
Visitor: To provide initiatives and programmes to help businesses to increase visitor spend by 3% (based on 2015 tourism data)
Environment: To work with visitors, residents and businesses to develop and maintain initiatives that deliver £50,000 of support for agreed New Forest environmental charities and projects
Residents: To engage the community to support our towns and villages though initiatives to encourage us all to “shop local, buy local”. We will increase brand new forest scheme spending by 100%
Business: To deliver the skills and training needs of tourism businesses to 500 employees
Annual Marketing Plan
- Developand deliver an annual marketing plan – outlining all activities and resources required
- Developand deliver a partnership strategy encouraging all stakeholders and the wider community to work together to deliver the objectives of Go New Forest
Present an annual progress report and plans for the following years’ activities