We are looking for part-time seasonal boat skippers to join our small team transporting passengers on the ferry to Hurst Castle.
Loading passengers at Keyhaven on our 11- and 12-seater vessels for the short journey up the Keyhaven River before disembarking them at the castle and then loading and returning passengers to Keyhaven.
Essential qualifications: RYA Power Boat level 2 with Commercial Endorsement. Experience in a similar role is ideal but if not and you have the qualifications full training will be given.
A friendly attitude, good communication and customer service skills will be required as you will be engaging with the public on a day-to-day basis. In addition, the possession of a full driving licence and local residency would be beneficial.
Requirement from 1st April, flexibility on days but will include some weekend work.
- To ensure the day to day smooth, punctual and safe running of your allocated ferry.
- Overall responsibility for the safety of the crew, passengers and vessel.
- Reporting any mechanical, passenger or river issues.
- Driving small ferry from Keyhaven to Hurst Castle (max 12 passengers).
- Ensuring the ferry is fit for purpose, has sufficient diesel and all areas are clean and tidy.
- Dealing with passengers and assisting on and off board.
- If no Ticket Seller on duty:
- Dealing with waiting passengers and allocating them to a boat.
- Taking payments for ferry tickets and issuing tickets.
- If customers are paying by card escorting them to the castle to ensure payment is made.
- If customers have paid on-line, checking on-line ticket confirmation, via customer phone or email print out. Check number of passengers, date of travel and track the confirmation number.
- Communicating with other Skippers on passenger wait times at both sides.
- Issuing the relevant safety advice to passengers whilst on board and keeping them informed on the journey time and points of interest.
- Securing the vessel’s overnight mooring.
- Reporting any mechanical or damage of vessel to Duty Manager.
- Reporting any customer issues/complaints to Duty Manager.
- Drive workboats – various roles including Ribs & Barge and crew large ferry if required.
- Assist in maintenance of all vessels and castle, if required.
Pleasant, friendly and self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be willing to work in all weathers and conditions.
RYA Power Boat Level 2 with Commercial Endorsement.Visit Website