Permanent position for experienced and dedicated butcher to work in a customer facing setting.
Hockey’s Farm Shop are recruiting for the permanent position of a butcher at our traditional butchers in our busy farm shop in South Gorley, located in the beautiful New Forest National Park.
The successful candidate will be a keen, enthusiastic individual with a high level of self-motivation who has a proven range of experience and skill within butchery. They should also be flexible, employing their skills in both butchery preparation and serving customers at the sales counter and over the telephone.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Location: Hockey’s Farm, South Gorley, SP6 2PW
Salary: Competitive (depending on skills and experience)
Hockey’s Farm Shop is a family run business that can trace its roots back to 1973. We believe that our success is due to the dedication, passion and commitment of our employees.
We are proud to be able to offer our customers a wide range of meat and produce of the highest quality which is locally sourced wherever possible. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join our sales team as a Butcher.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing;
• Producing meat for sale including bone out carcasses with good cutting standards
• Effectively working with and developing less experienced work colleagues
• Ensuring that all food safety and health and safety regulations are met within the butchery department
• Cleaning and maintaining the workplace, tools and equipment
• Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products
• Managing pricing, margins, records, budgets, and inventory
• Performing quality inspections on meats and other products
• Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders and/or payments
• Coordinating deliveries and orders
• Developing the sales and profit
• Controlling waste
Here are a few things about you that we will be looking for
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Product knowledge is essential, although training will be provided to develop skills
• Helpful and friendly, comfortable working with the public
• Enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated
• Having a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
• Have a flexible approach to working hours
• To be able to work as part of a team but also to use their own initiative
• Be prepared to train and develop new starters
• Basic food hygiene certificate
• Experience in a butchery environment
Great People Deserve Great Things – What you can expect from us
As a member of the Hockey’s team you will receive a package of benefits. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays we have specific benefits such as:
• Staff discount scheme
• Training and Development
• Lunch allowance