We are looking for a Chef to join our team at Marwell Wildlife on a permanent basis, working 40 hours per week over 5 days. These hours will usually be worked between 8am and 5pm, although flexibility will be required to help cover events.
As a chef, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation and cooking of food
- Ensuring that safe catering principals regarding food safety, and health and safety, are followed and documented
- Organising the kitchen including ordering, accepting deliveries, stock rotation and ensuring Marwell Wildlife’s standards and recipe specifications are met and maintained using forward thinking to prevent wastage
- Helping with input of new menu ideas for Café Graze, food outlets and events
- Delivering exceptional guest service
- Supporting all new starters in best practice in the kitchen area
Experience in food preparation in a commercial catering environment and a Food Hygiene level 2 (or equivalent) or above are essential for this role, as well as a NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) in food preparation and cookery.
If you would like to join our unique and vibrant organisation to become a part of the Marwell Family, please visit marwell.org.uk to view the full job description and complete an application form.
How to Apply