• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Hurst Castle Café, delivering a full café service to visitors of Hurst Castle.
• Alongside the Head of Catering creating a manageable, appropriate menu selection for visitors to Hurst Castle.
• Ensuring the café has the necessary equipment and ingredients to deliver the menu in a timely manner.
• Providing a clean and safe kitchen and café environment.
Hours of work: Full time
• Ensure the full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of the menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
• Be responsible for the operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
• Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
• Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
• Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
Skills and Experience:
This role would suit a multi-skilled cook/front of house person, with the following skills:
• Genuine interest in customer service excellence
• A great team player
• Cake baking and catering experience essential
• Self-motivated individual who can work independently
8-hour day from 9.30am to 5.30pm including weekends and bank holidays. This is a seasonal position from April to November.
Hurst Castle, the ferries and café are managed on behalf of English Heritage by Hurst Marine, a local, family business that has been associated with the castle for more than 3 generations.
Hurst Castle is located at the end of a coastal spit, and you will be required to take the staff ferry to the castle each day. The café offers home-made cakes and sandwiches which are made on site.