We are looking for a Gardener to assist with the day to day upkeep and maintenance to high horticultural standards of the gardens at Beaulieu visitor attraction.
You will assist in the maintenance of the large, ornate, organic vegetable garden with soft and stone fruit and a large heritage orchard – the produce being used by the Montagu family and our onsite restaurant. Our glasshouses are used to propagate large numbers of seasonal bedding plants and a range of seedlings and early crops for the vegetable garden. We also display our grapes, apricots, peaches and nectarines in our restored vine house.
In addition, you will assist with the maintenance of the large ornamental lawns, private gardens and ornamental gardens, consisting of roses, herbaceous borders, topiary including characters from Alice in Wonderland, yew hedging, climbing plants and semi-tender wall shrubs.
You will be experienced in all aspects of gardening and horticultural machinery, although training will be given. You will be working with an established team of gardeners in all weather conditions. You will work as part of a team or independently.
To apply please download an application form from our website at www.beaulieu.co.uk/careers . Alternatively, please email or call 07818 454539 if you would like an application form posted to you.
- To maintain all aspects of the gardens to high standards of presentation
- To assist in all general horticultural duties at various sites within the boundaries of the Estate.
- To work in a safe and efficient manner with due diligence to the tasks given, throughout the working day.
- Beaulieu runs a busy event calendar, which is an important part of our overall business. As members of the team all staff may be required to assist in the running of events on various dates throughout the year.
- To work weekends on a rota basis.
- To supervise part time staff when on duty weekends.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by your Line Manager or the Resident Agent.
- To attend meetings as and when required.
Previous horticultural experience within this type of gardening environment.
Full UK Driving Licence
Able to work in a team or independently
Safe working practiceVisit Website
How to Apply