UK Youth has an excellent development opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic lead Instructor or someone looking for the next level in their career to join our Outdoor Learning team based at Avon Tyrrell Outdoor Centre and offer young people the opportunity to experience, learn and develop.
As a lead outdoor learning instructor, you will be a key part of our delivery team.
Key responsibilities include:
- delivering our portfolio of activities
- helping to lead the team by supervising department resources and activity areas
- mentoring and developing junior staff
- supporting the day-to-day running of the department and
- diligently meeting Health & Safety legislation and departmental SOP’s.
Essential to hold a valid first aid certificate and
- BC Coach Award or minimum BC Paddle sport Instructor
- Archery GB instructor
- At least one of the following off ground qualifications
o RCI or CWI Assessed
o ERCA Traditional Instructor
- and one of the following
o A nationally recognised walking/navigation qualification
o A nationally recognised Mountain Biking qualification
o A recognised environmental qualification
You should also have previous experience of working in an outdoor centre for a minimum of 18 months and be able to deliver high standard of customer care.
Onsite single room accommodation is also available in a shared lodge at £35pw (optional)
Qualification development: As a key member of the delivery team, we need our lead instructors to be able to offer guidance and support to our instructors and apprentices. Developing our leads qualification is an essential part of achieving this and we are committed to ensuring that all staff have a written personalised development programme which includes internal and external courses and qualifications that is reviewed at least twice a year.
We also offer a competitive range of benefits:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently UK Youth match employee contributions up to 5%)
- Membership of our life insurance scheme which would pay-out up to four times your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme to support employees both professionally and personally
- CycleScheme & TechScheme
- Meals whilst on duty