We are an established family run pub group in The New Forest with 7 pubs across the area, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Part Time Sous Chef to join our team at The Woolpack in Sopley. You will receive a generous hourly rate of £15 with tips and bonuses to be paid on top of this, there is also potential to far exceed this if all targets and goals are achieved.
The position is available on a 3,4,5 day weekly rota, to suit the needs of the employee and the business. The details and requirements for this will be discussed at interview depending on each individuals needs.
There will also be an additional £1000 signing bonus paid over the first four months to our new Chef team members. And a £1000 loyalty bonus paid after your first 12months with us.
The position is intended to give the successful candidate a healthy work life balance, whilst being able to help achieve the targets and goals of the business and enjoy being part of a positive and friendly team.
• Must have a passion and love for food.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent management and organisational skills.
• Works well under pressure.
• Good attention to detail.
• Strives to exceed targets and goals.
• Able to cover Head Chef on days off and holidays.
• Own transport essential as we are in (no live in available).
• To assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of the menu.
• To help maintain, clean, and use where necessary all kitchen equipment.
• To maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen areas in line with current EHO standards.
• To help create and operate an efficient rota of kitchen staff and cover.
• To apply the necessary practises and procedures to maintain food safety protocols.
• To be responsible for the running of the kitchen, its staff, and facilities in the absence of the Head Chef.
• The Head & Sous Chef are charged with the duty of overseeing all kitchen operations
• To provide the necessary facilities, assistance, and support to aid the smooth and effective operation of the business
We have seven pubs across The New Forest and have now expanded into the area of Shaftsbury with our eighth pub. we continue to offer fresh, homemade and prepared on the premises dishes. The ethos of the Company is a real family culture where everyone looks after each other and strives to delight the customers. Having come through the pandemic with very strong on-going trade, we have expanded our portfolio of Country Pubs, therefore excellent progression opportunities are available The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
• Excellent remuneration package, with fantastic tips paid in addition.
• Paid Overtime.
• Substantial monthly and annual uncapped bonus scheme.
• Ongoing staff training and development to ensure you reach your potential.
• Eligible employees benefit from a NEST pension scheme with an increased Employers contribution available.
• Parking on/near site ·
• Staff discount in all outlets.
• 28 days holiday per year which increases with time served. (Pro rata for part time staff)
• Uniform Allowance.
• Relocation allowance available.
• Travel or Mileage allowance where applicable.
Why should you apply?
• The chance to join a well-established company.
• To join a fantastic team.
• To showcase your knowledge and skill set.
• Job security.
• High staff retention.
• Training programme.
• Family atmosphere.
• Progression opportunities.
• A great work life balance.