Seasonal Chandlery Shop Assistant We are looking for a seasonal shop assistant to provide a first-class service to our customers visiting the Chandlery at Beaulieu River. You will provide an outstanding customer service, assist with sales, deal with deliveries and keep the chandlery clean and tidy at all times.
The role requires you to assist with the marina reception dealing with customer enquiries, visitor bookings, answering phone calls and emails to contribute to the smooth running of the marina operation.
Retail experience and a knowledge of boats is desirable, but not essential. The hours for this position will be variable and will include working weekends and bank holidays.
The hours of work are likely to be Sunday 8.00 am – 6.00 pm with an additional day during the summer holidays, Monday 10.30 am – 6.00 pm. If you can only work one of the days we would still like to hear from you. This is a seasonal position commencing June through to the end of September 2023.
Due to the location and limited public transport applicants for this position will require their own transport.
To apply please download an application form from our website at www.beaulieu.co.uk/careers . Alternatively, please email or call 07818 454539 if you would like an application form and the job description.
Hours of work: Sunday 8.00 am – 6.00 pm and in the summer holidays Monday 10.30 am – 6.00 pm
- Working to a professional standard, being friendly and helpful to all our customers
- Assist with the Marina reception
- Answer telephone enquires
- Receive deliveries
- Being responsible for cash handling, operating tills and PDQ machines
- Daily cleaning and tidying of shop area
- Checking and pricing stock
- Checking stock levels and re-ordering
- The opening and closing of shop on occasions
- Balancing the days takings
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Chandlery Supervisor or Harbour Master
How to Apply